1. Status light: displays red when charging, green when
fully charged, blue when powering up, and orange
when a notification has arrived.
2. Light (RGB) Sensor: lets you use the
ambient light level
to adjust the screen brightness/contrast. This sensor
decreases screen brightness in dim light.
3. External speaker: allows you to hear the
4. Application icons: you can place shortcuts
favorite applications on the Home screen.
5. Primary shortcuts: allows quick access to
features such as Phone, Contacts, Messaging, Internet,
and Apps. For more information, refer to “Primary
Shortcuts” on page 20.
6. Menu key: allows you to access sub-menus
additional options for different features and
applications such as Home screen, Phone, Contacts,
Messaging, and Web.
7. Home key: allows you to return to the main
screen from any Home screen or menu. Press and hold
to display Recent apps, Task Manager, and Google
Search. Quickly press twice to activate the S Voice
8. Back key: allows you step backwards when
a menu or web page.
9. Home screen indicator: shows which Home
10. Google Quick Search bar: a shortcut to
that allows you to search for items on the internet.
11. Weather widget: displays Time, Day, Date,
Temperature and weather conditions for your area.
12. Indicator icons: shows the information
operate your phone, such as the received signal
strength, phone battery level, time, unread Emails,
missed calls, etc.
13. Front facing camera: allows you to take
yourself when you set the camera shooting mode to
14. Proximity and Light sensors: uses the
level to adjust keypad access. If the light path is
blocked, for example, when holding the phone close to
your ear, the touch screen will turn off.